Blackmore, Bideford, Devon 23/10/41
- Lt E D Bennett 101st ML Flotilla Based at Alexandria, Egypt Commanding Officer HDML 1083 1941 –
- TLt John Frederick Ford (pictured) RNVR TSLt 12/2/42 HMS St Christopher for MLs 20/4/42 HMS Mosquito (Alexandria) for MTBs 8/42 TLt 12/2/43 Commanding Officer HDML 1083 6/4/43 Commanding Officer ML 385 7/10/43-6/44 Commanding Officer ML 360 4/6/44 HMS Mosquito (Alexandria) For services in the clearance of the Aegean and the relief of Greece 1945 DSC. Born 10/3/17 in Bromley, Greater London / Kent and died 9/90 in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Ramsey Wilson Commanding Officer HDML 1083 1944
ML 1004, ML 1005, ML 1007, ML 1032 delivered. ML 1046 and ML 1069 being freighted. ML 1079 and ML 1083 awaiting freighting.
Detected a submarine off the royal palace near Alexandria, which subsequently escaped
- 2/9/42 Destroyers HMS Croome and Hursley carried out a patrol for a suspected enemy submarine to seaward near Alexandria. HDML 1032 and HDML 1083 patrolled close inshore.
- 3/11/43 Landed an SBS raiding party on Khalki Island west of Rhodes
- 20/2/44 Lost after grounding on a rock, Gulf of Kos, Aegean
The crew got off and acquired a caique in Budrum, where they had been taken by the Turkish coastguard, and sailed the caique back to base. Ramsey Wilson was given command of LS 9 in the Levant Schooner Flotilla.