India General Navigation, Calcutta 11/11/44?
- TLt K P Nair RINVR TSLt Commanding Officer HDML 1087 3/7/43 TLt 121st ML Flotilla HDML 1118
- SLt R Rowe RINVR 121st ML Flotilla Commanding Officer HDML 1118
- SLt S K Sen RINVR 121st ML Flotilla HDML 1118. Died in attack by friendly aircraft 07/10/1944, aged 22. Son of Mr. and Mrs. A. B. Sen, of Laban, Shillong, Assam
- Mid J G Bowers RINVR 121st ML Flotilla HDML 1118
- MtrEng1 D Joshua 77213 121st ML Flotilla HDML 1118. Died in attack by friendly aircraft 07/10/1944. (On loan from HDML 1120.)
- AB Appachan 8116 121st ML Flotilla HDML 1118. Died in attack by friendly aircraft 07/10/1944.
- OrdSig R Gopal Krishan 14176 HDML 1118. Died in attack by friendly aircraft 07/10/1944.
- Royal Indian Navy
- 121st ML Flotilla
- ML 1109, ML 1110, ML 1111, ML 1112, ML 1113, ML 1114, ML 1115, ML 1116, ML 1117, ML 1118 and ML 1120
- 28/7/44 HDML 1118 engaged by Japanese 75-mm guns situated on the Mayu range south of Maungdaw, with a number of near misses. Range too great to reply. Army batteries engaged Japanese guns
- 12/8/44 HDML 1118 encountered a craft in the entrance of the Naaf River and was engaged with machine gun fire, craft sunk.
- 12/9/44 HDML 1118 anchored off St. Martin’s Island and officers proceeded ashore. Locals reported a crashed aircraft and HDML 1118 searched, found a force-landed Spitfire and rescued the pilot who was landed at Kappagaung.
- 12/9/44 HDML 1118, HDML 1119 and HDML 1120 ordered to stand by in support of the army south of Maungdaw and early on the next day were in position approximately half a cable off shore/
- 13/9/44 Japanese shore batteries engaged HDML 1118, HDML 1119 and HDML 1120 from the foothills, and the boats were straddled. One shell fell close astern of HDML 1119, badly wounding the Oerlikon gunner.
- 7/10/44 HDML 1118 and HDML 1119 anchored off Maungdaw, two Spitfires approached and attacked. Two officers and seven ratings died, four officers and fourteen ratings wounded, and H.D.M.L. 1119 sunk. H.D.M.L. 1118 badly damaged, patched up at Tombru before proceeding to Calcutta for proper repairs.
Post War History
- 1947 To India upon partition
- 8/51 Indian Navy = ML 3118
- 1972 Listed in Janes Fighting Ships as SPC 3110 serving in 321st sea/land Patrol Craft Squadron