Blackmore, Bideford, Devon 7/10/42
- 3/4/43 ML 1231 and ML 1089 sailed from Freetown to meet and escort stragglers from Convoy SL 127 and returned with them to Freetown
- 5/4/43 ML 1231 and ML 1089 returned to Freetown having been unable to meet the stragglers from Convoy SL 127, which arrived in Freetown independently
- 18/4/43 HMS Burdock, HMS Crocus, HMS Portsdown and HMS Butser with ML 209, ML 272, ML 1072, and ML 1231 sailed from Freetown escorting Convoy FT 7 (five ships).
HMS Burdock and HMS Crocus with ML 1072 and ML 1231 to Bathurst with SS New Northland and SS Pinto. HMS Burdock and HMS Crocus to escort remaining ships towards Trinidad, subsequently to disperse and proceed to Recife to escort HM LSTs to Freetown.
- 20/4/43 HMS Portsdown and Butser, with ML 1072 and ML 1231, arrived Bathurst from Freetown escorting SS New Northland and S.S. Pinto
- 24/4/43 HMS Orfasy, with ML 1072 and ML 1231, sailed from Bathurst escorting Cable Ship Lady Dennison Pender to repair cable
- 26/4/43 HMS Orfasy with ML 1072 and ML 1231 arrived in Bathurst from Dakar escorting Cable Ship Lady Dennison Pender
- 30/8/44 Free French = VP23
- Transferred at Dakar
Post War History
- French Navy VP 23
- VP 758