Robinson, Lowestoft, Norfolk 2/6/43
London Gazette 10/7/45 – Operations off the coast of Arakan from November 1944 to March 1945
- MID POEng Donald MacKenzie Grant LT/KX160857
- MID LSea Geoffrey Andrew Lowey X9976B
- Lt J A Brown RCNR Lt 3/1/40 HDML 1248 TALtCdr
- TLt B C Smith SANF(V) HMS Minos II (Lowestoft) 13th ML Flotilla 14/4/42 TSLt 15/1/43 ML 202 15/4/43 Commanding Officer HDML 1248 10/5/43 HMS Afrikander 1944 (Simonstown)
- TSLt L N Parsons RANVR TSLt 5/2/43 First Lieutenant HDML 1248 10/5/43 HMAS Torrens (RAN base, Adelaide) HMAS Rushcutter (RAN base, Sydney, NSW)
- TASLt T Clarke RNVR First Lieutenant HDML 1248 7/7/44 TSLt 7/10/44
- TASLt J A Rump RNVR(Sp) TASLt 14/12/43 HDML 1248 HMS Jay 1944
- POEng Donald MacKenzie Grant LT/KX160857 HDML 1248
- LSea Geoffrey Andrew Lowey X9976B HDML 1248 Operations off the coast of Arakan from November 1944 to March 1945 MID
- 11/44-3/45 Operations off the coast of Arakan
- 12/1/45 Operation Pungent
Assault on Myebon, Burma
British TF.64 (RAdm. Martin) Destroyer HMAS Napier, the Indian Sloops Narbada and Jumna, HMDL 1248 and ML 854, with transports and landing craft, landed troops of 3 Commando Brigade near Myebon between Akyab and Ramree (Burma).
ML 854 and HDML 1248 launched COPP teams, prior to the Myebon assault for reconnaissance and demolition missions. Succeeded in placing marker buoys in estuary, having identified two suitable landing sites.
- 2/45 ML 854 and HDML 1248 surveyed approaches to Ruywa. COPP teams from HDML 1248 surveyed landing beaches.
Employed on surveying duties in the Bay of Bengal
- 9/9/45 Operation Zipper – Invasion of Malaya for survey duties.
Post War History
- Employed on surveying duties in the Bay of Bengal
- 4/7/46 Singapore Customs
- = Panah